Get an overcoat for summer… here’s why
- You can look like a villain
- When it’s windy you look like you belong in Hogwarts
- Keeps your legs warm when you’re wearing short shorts – which is basically a must if you’re wearing a long overcoat. Got to play with lengths to add some detail to black, white and neutral colours
- You look like a nun from behind (according to my brother), and it’s always fun to dress up
- An overcoat can work with anything… shorts – check, mini skirt – check, jeans – check, dress – check, literally anything else in the world – check
- It’s fun to own something that isn’t another standard summer throw
These midi heels are really comfortable and not too formal either because of the heel height. No more ‘hello stiletto and welcome to ‘da club’. More importantly though, they remind me of these Chanel sling backs from the fall 2015 collection.
The simplicity, round toe and small heel are versatile enough for day/night and provide a bit of elegance to a casual ripped denim look.
Pairing something different such as this vintage bag from the ’60s (thanks Gran) works best with classically simple pieces like a white tee and denim cut offs.
Create a timeless chic look with a midi heel and an overcoat – both perfect additions for this summer.
If all else fails use as part of Halloween costume.