If you haven’t already noticed the ’70s is trending at the moment. This is prime time to search through your parent’s old clothes and bring out those retro looks. Or if your parents weren’t so into the hording thing (don’t worry I feel your pain) then have a look at these mini skirts, which I’m currently craving.
My two favourite elements from the ’70s trend are mini skirts (which explains the subject of this post duh) and the general boho feel. So heads up there will be more boho inspired ’70s looks for both winter and summer on the blog soon.
Here’s a list of my favourites:
1. MOTO Denim Button Front A-Line Skirt, Topshop, R542
2. ‘Troubadour’ Embroidered Miniskirt, Nordstrom, R938 (I’m a sucker for embroidery)
3. Fringed Mini Skirt Black, Spree, R225 (Fringe anything is so trendy! They also have this skirt in a burgundy colour)
4. Cactus Print Mini Skirt, MSGM (from Bysymphony), R2663 (Okay so this is a splurge purchase – and it’s on sale, but the pattern is just so pretty I couldn’t resist putting it on the list)
5. Dark beige short skirt, H&M, R312
6. Gonna denim chiaro, Mango, R405 (Simple denim mini)
7. Suede Button Front A-Line Skirt, Topshop, R1450 (In love with this colour)
8. Tropical Foliage Print Skirt, OASAP, R299
9. MOTO Clean-Cut Denim Mini Skirt, Topshop, R503 (simple, classic and a great investment piece because you can pair it with almost anything)
Wear any of these skirts with stockings and over the knee boots (if you want to keep the ’70s trend going) or with ankle boots (you can find my favourites on the last currently craving post I did here). Then keep these mini skirts for summer and pair them with gladiator sandals, wood platforms or espadrilles.
For more inspiration on the mini skirt trend have a look at how Aimee (from Song Of Style) keeps it simple with a white flowy blouse here. Plus how Chiara (from The Blonde Salad) pulls off the ’70s look here with a fringe suede skirt and here with a crop top and wedges.
Tell me which mini skirts are your fave?