I’m usually not a winter person and I think because of that I’m quite fussy about winter clothes. Jokes not fussy more unimpressed – in fairness it’s probably my mood from that cold Joburg chill. But this year I’ve found myself a bit winter shoe crazy. Maybe it’s just general shoe crazy. Or maybe it’s just my current mission to expand my ankle boot collection. Either way I spent a good chunk of my weekend looking online at winter shoes because I’m obviously going to need to buy a pair (or two) soon.
So I’ve put together 10 of my currently craving list of winter shoes for 2015! A lot of them are leather because uhhh leather is the best… but there are a couple of synthetic options which are also more affordable. Most of the winter shoes I’ve chosen are ankle boots but a few masculine shoes came creeping in. I’m currently lusting a lot on a more sturdy version of a moccasin shoe. They’re totally ideal for winter when you’re over boots but ballet pumps just aren’t cutting it. Plus there’s something about a feminine blouse, pants and loafers that Alexa Chung pulls off so well – and who wouldn’t want their winter wardrobe inspired by Alexa?!
Ps. with all the conversion into rands I rounded up to the nearest whole number
1. MAID Slingback Ankle Boot, Topshop, £78 (R1400)
2. Christina Loafer, Country road at Woolworths, R999
3. Aria Ankle Boot, Witchery (should be in Woolworths too) AUD $229.95 (R2720)
5. BIZZ Cut-Out Black Boots, Topshop, £35 (R615)
6. Sabine Ankle boot Storm Grey (really love this grey), Country Road, AUD $149.25 (R1356)
7. Brighton Cropped Ankle Boot (these are definitely a must have for winter – classic and simple), Trenery, AUD $249.00 (R2263)
9. Sabina Ankle Boots Pale Pink (these are my absolute favourites!!), Country Road, AUD $149.25 (R1356)
10. ACTOR Stud Ankle Boots (it wouldn’t be a proper winter shoe list without a pair with studs), Topshop, £79 (R1387)
Tell me which are your faves?